Sunday, May 8, 2011

Envy, Pride

Sitting back thinking is something I do a lot of. Well, kinda. I think about a lot of different things all at once. This time of the year I get to think about my wonderful friends and former classmates that are graduating with their BSN.
I'm SO SO SO happy for them. I'm so very excited for them to start on the grand adventure of working in their chosen fields.
At the same time I'm irritated.
That with the experience that I have, living here in Hawaii, it means nothing. I am 'just another new nurse' and will not be allowed to work as an RN in Hawaii until I have 1-2 years of RN experience.
I am a military wife that got to move to another state after graduating AGAIN.
2 more strikes against me.
Not from here, not going to stay here.

It's ok...I know the right job will come along. The one that is perfect for me. The opportunity will present itself...
yeah yeah
all that happy fluffy shit we tell each other and ourselves when crap doesn't work the way we intended for it to work.

I hope I get the job that I interviewed for. I really do enjoy working as an RT. Sometimes much more than working as a nurse. Well...nursing student I should say, as I've never had the opportunity to actually work as an RN.
Not looking for words of support or pity...just frustrated, envious and probably was too prideful. I guess I'll get my humble on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment